Lil Loaded, responsible for 2019 viral hit ‘6locc 6a6y’, has died at age 20.
Per NBC News, the Dallas Country medical examiner’s office has said that the cause and manner of death has yet to be determined.
Lil Loaded, real name Dashawn Robertson, made waves in 2019 with the single ‘6locc 6a6y’, which was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) last week. Robertson’s last Instagram post celebrated the milestone, proclaiming his fans the “dopest fanbase on earth”. The rapper was signed to Epic Records.
Rappers NLE Choppa and Lil Gnar have paid their respects on social media.
You Seen Blocc Baby Go Gold. All That Matter pic.twitter.com/TjFhzOsfTT
rip lil loaded. had lotta potential
hate 2 see young niggas die
— LIL GNAR (@lilgnar) May 31, 2021
Robertson had been charged with murder in connection with the October shooting of 18-year-old Khalil Walker, but was indicted in February on a lesser charge of manslaughter.
Dallas Morning News reports that Robertson had had a hearing scheduled for Tuesday. Mehryari had previously told the publication that he didn’t believe Robertson was guilty of anything, but that the indictment more accurately reflected the case. The lawyer said that Robertson and Walker had been best friends, and that there was “no malice” in the incident.
Robertson released his debut album ‘6locc 6a6y’ in 2019, along with follow-up efforts ‘A Demon in 6lue’ and ‘CRIPTAPE’ in 2020.
For help and advice on mental health:
- ‘Am I depressed?’ – Help and advice on mental health and what to do next
- Help Musicians UK – Around the clock mental health support and advice for musicians
- Music Support Org – Help and support for musicians struggling with alcoholism, addiction, or mental health issues
- YOUNG MINDS – The voice for young people’s health and wellbeing
- MIND – For mental health support, advice and awareness
- CALM – The Campaign Against Living Miserably for young men
- Time To Change – Let’s end mental health discrimination
- The Samaritans – Confidential support 24 hours a day
The post Texas rapper Lil Loaded of ‘6locc 6a6y’ fame has died at 20 appeared first on Askhiphop.